Saturday, November 28, 2009

On leaving...

Let's be brutally honest. Leaving is hard and painful. There are little happy feelings that are present when you are giving that person a hug for the last time for a very long time. The amazing thing is that there are so many wonderful people that have to look forward to seeing when you come home. Those people actually makes leaving harder yet easier at the same time.
I wanted to try to put into words some of the emotional roller coaster I've been on for people who are interested.
If I was asked to sum up the feeling I have right now it would be relief. That may sound all-together cruel but it is the truth. Saying goodbye is extremely emotional and difficult. Such strong emotions are tiring.
Let me explain further. My feeling of relief is in no way related to relief of the absence of important people but just simply relief that the anticipation, tears and raw emotion is almost over. There is really only so much the heart can take and I think I've reached my limit. That doesn't negate the love that I have for everyone, I am now just looking forward to saying HELLO!
Tomorrow will be the hardest day as I say goodbye to my family. They have been beyond wonderful in supporting and loving me through this whole experience. I am going to miss them terribly. I will event miss our seemingly sarcastic and teasing ways that are just the forms we express love.
Thank you to everyone who helped me through this stage of my life. You will be and are already missed. Send me an email anytime you like. I can't always promise a prompt reply but I will do my best.
A special thank you to Tara who helped me pack when I was completely overwhelmed with the amount that had to be accomplished. You saved my travel journeys. You are my superwoman!! xoxo

The next time you hear from me I'll be in Africa! WOOT!

Much Love always!

4 comments:

  1. Margie you are so very welcome, honestly it was my pleasure...packing is my forte and remember anytime you need Superpacker again, just call and I'm there!!! Still shocked you were able to pack one years worth of belongings in 3 suitcases, with one being a hikers-pack...are you kidding me!!...I seriously would have needed at least 8-10...haha!
    And you know what I miss most...hehe...your HEELLOO, just thinking about it makes me giggle!! Can't wait to read your next blog and hopefully see a few pictures. Love ya chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie you are so very welcome, honestly it was my pleasure...packing is my forte and remember anytime you need Superpacker again, just call and I'm there!!! Still shocked you were able to pack one years worth of belongings in 3 suitcases, with one being a hikers-pack...are you kidding me!!...I seriously would have needed at least 8-10...haha!
    And you know what I miss most about you being gone...hehe...your HEELLOO, just thinking about it makes me giggle!! Can't wait to read your next blog and hopefully see pictures too. Love ya chica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I might have posted the same comment a million times...oopsy...my bad...still figuring out how to use this blog site :)
    "visible after approval" probably means viewed by you...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it perfectly with the feelings of leaving for such a long time. I like and encourage the usage of woot. WOOTCAKES!

    ReplyDelete